Jul 9, 2010

Thursday

My how quickly things can change!

After our brief time at the internet cafe, the team went out to lunch at Swad's, a local fast-food restaurant.  I am chuckling as I type this because "fast food" and Ghana just do not go together.  The team enjoyed chicken sandwiches, french fries, fresh pineapple, steamed veggies and a few other wonderful foods.

On the way back to our guesthouse, three of the team members became ill.  One fainted.  We spent the rest of the afternoon resting and recovering.  I took one team member to the hospital for a malaria test.  Praise God it was negative!  She was severely dehydrated.  I am typing this on Friday afternoon and everyone is better today.  I really think it is just sheer exhaustion and dehydration.  It had nothing to do with the food we ate.

I gave everyone the choice on whether or not to go back out to Yipiliegu village for the crusade Thurs evening.  Everyone wanted to go. (I stayed back with 3 sick team members).  We praise God for the two people who accepted Christ.  One woman in particular walked back and forth and back and forth in front of the bench, with her head and face completely covered by a scarf, trying to make a decision.  Finally, she decided to follow Christ.  The team was so excited to tell us all about it when they returned about 11:30pm.

We could really use your prayers for the health of the team.  Also, another team is traveling here at this very moment and will arrive at 7:40am Sat Ghana time.  This will be a team of 7 adults and one student from FBC Rockwall, TX.  Please pray for their safe journey.

I cannot remember if I wrote an update about the sick woman we prayed for and sent to the hospital from Faandu.  A local pastor took her to the hospital on his motorcycle the following morning and she was treated and released.  The team pitched in and paid for her hospital visit and meds for a cost of about $25 USD.  Amazing, isn't it?

Almost all the team members checked the blog when they were at the internet cafe and they really enjoyed reading your comments.\

Thank you all for your support and prayers. 

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Please tell Paige (LaFleur) that her Pop-Pop (Grandfather) said hello. And that I am so proud of her! Thank you "all" for the wonderful work you'll are doing. I being from the medical field am especially interested in physicalcal phase as well as the spiritual work you all are doing. Leray LaFleur

Jess Ness said...

Praying for health. Your stories are so encouraging/amazing. I can't wait to meet up with you all in 2 1/2 weeks!!!

Pam said...

Cheryl,

We want you to know that we love and appreciate you and all you are doing to take care of our "babies".

We are so blessed to have you in our lives and for your willingness to give these guys a life changing experience.

You and all the team members are in our prayers!! Thanks so much for your postings. They are such a wonderful way for each of us to be connected to our family members and feel we are getting to participate, in a small way, in your daily activities.

PS...I hope someone was able to bring you a Dr. Pepper.

Anonymous said...

Its great to hear these stories and I (and probably everyone else who knows anything about or anyone on this trip) am very proud of you guys and I pray that you are all able to keep pressing on towards the mark.

Tell Paige (and Kelli) I said HEEEYYY and I miss them!

Justin Rhodes

Vernon Goodman said...

Y'all are in my prayers. Hope everyone recovers and that God continues to bless your efforts.